New genre. Writing to entertain.
LO: Make a word bank to help you describe the cloud.
Go outside and look at shapes of clouds. Perhaps take some photographs or draw a cloud. If there are no clouds, look at pictures of clouds instead.
- Add labels to your photo or drawing of a cloud. These labels should describe your cloud in detail. Think of vocabulary linked to size, shape, colour, texture. Add as many labels as you can.
- Use personification. Give your cloud a personality- what characteristics does it have? If your cloud were alive, what kind of person would it be?Is it kind? Generous? Optimistic? What's it doing?
- Add some similes to your cloud picture. The cloud is as light as../The cloud is like....
- Add some metaphors. A metaphor is where you say the cloud is something and that something is untrue- but by telling this lie, it paints a picture in my mind. Here's are a couple of examples of metaphors.
- The cloud is a ballerina dancing in the sky.
- The cloud is a fluffy sheep learning to find its way home.
- The brave cloud is a warrior with a mission.