Have a watch of the video below of Mrs Ayling reading the story 'scarecrows wedding'. Once you have finished, discuss these set of questions with your adult.
- Who went to the wedding?
- Where was the wedding?
- Who got married?
- Can you name two things the scarecrows said they needed on their wedding day?
- What was the bride and groom wearing?
- What did the crab give to the scarecrows?
- Why was Betty feeling worried?
- How do you think Betty felt when Harry returned? Why?
Reception – as your task today I would like you to design your own wedding dress or grooms outfit. Try to make it as funky as you can.
Year one – I would also like you to design your own wedding dress or grooms outfit but as extra could you please label the different features. This could include colours, types of material, patterns and length.
Reception maths challenge
Today I would like you to cut up coloured pieces of paper, materials or anything you have available into different shapes - mainly focusing on circles, triangles, squares and rectangles. To support our literacy this week, you can then use these shapes to make a scarecrow. An example is shown below: