Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
We are proud to demonstrate a whole school commitment to Health and Fitness and have recently been awarded the 'Gold' School Games Mark. All members of our school community, pupils, staff, Governors and parents are invited to share in this through different allegiances, but thereby as a collective, ensuring all pupils have opportunity to keep healthy and pursue fitness. The Government has provided the Sports Premium Funding to assist in this development. At South Witham Academy we will provide information on how this funding has been used within our school over the course of an academic year.
Our Funding :
· Total number of pupils on role Years 1-6: 87
· Amount of Sports Premium Funding: £16,000 plus £10 per pupil.
· We ensure that all pupils receive at least 2 hours of quality Physical Education teaching and learning each week.
· We ensure provision is made for pupils to access sports coaching beyond the school day over the course of the academic year.
· We actively encourage participation by pupils in a competitive sporting environment.
· We hold Healthy School status and abide these principles.
· We are committed to supporting all pupils and families in pursuit of living and maintaining a healthy life style.
· To use the Sports Premium Funding to improve the quality and breadth of Physical Education and sport provision.
· To purchase an outstanding programme of Physical Education development through using a combination of both Lincolnshire and Rutland School Games Provisions. We also use 'Finding Fitness' to further enhance provision. This means we have access to: sports coaching and leadership programmes for pupils; professional development for staff; the inclusion of new or additional sports clubs; providing places on after school sports and holiday clubs; increasing participation in festivals and sporting competitions; sports development programmes for sporting Gifted and Talented pupils.
· To improve the quality of teaching and learning through the purchase of professional development training for staff.
· To purchase documentation that supports safe practise in Physical Education across the whole school.
Vision and Aims for PE and School Sport
Please click on attachment below to read our Vision and Aims for PE and School Sport.