Priority 1: To improve standards and outcomes for all children in core subjects
- Continuing the development and implementation of a high-quality Curriculum and review regularly
- Ensuring that the needs of disadvantaged pupils and those with SEND are met.
- Providing staff with subject leadership and subject knowledge enhancement where necessary
- Building a culture of trust in peer-to-peer professional support
- Supporting staff to accurately assess children’s work
- Focussing on improvement in Reading and driving improvement in English so that pupils gain the skills in reading and writing to meet Age Related Expectations (ARE) or better.
Priority 2: Ensuring high expectations for all pupil’s behaviour and attitudes to learning
- Ensure a culture of high expectations and aspiration exists throughout the school for all pupils
- Provide leadership opportunities for children in Key Stage 2
Priority 3: Leadership and management – Ensure Leadership and Management at South Witham Academy continues to improve.
- Develop SLT to drive whole school targets
- Ensure subject leaders are given the opportunity to support and develop
- Work collaboratively with the MAT Senior Leadership Team
- Work with governors to drive improvements
Priority 4: Early years- PSED- Phonics- Marketing, working with community
- Develop links with the village and local community
- Embed approved phonics scheme to drive improvement in early reading.
- Review and develop pastoral opportunities within the school.